Has your child’s health concern transformed your home?
It may be hard to talk about, but when a child is ill the order of a home can change dramatically. My job is to help you bring health back to the home
Does your doctor keep telling you everything is fine?
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard this when it wasn’t true
Is your child dealing with recurring infections?
There are many ways that we can get to the root and nip this in the bud.
Is the bathroom an issue EVERY time?
No matter what you’ve heard, constipation is not normal and there are many ways to find resolution.
So many children are struggling with recurring issues from allergies to joint pain to urinary tract infections.
I solve the cause of symptoms BEFORE they lead to lifelong health concerns.
My tools allow me to assess and identify the underlying root cause of health concerns that will allow your child to live happily and healthy on a day-to-day basis.
I use a combination of clinical assessment, conventional and functional lab testing, and multiple modalities to guide your child’s journey to wellness.
To name a few, my modalities include nutrition, botanical medicine, genetic assessment, nutrient deficiency, and GI rebuilding.
Areas of Focus
Specific Challenges I Can Address
Pediatric acute-onset neuropsychiatric disorder associated with streptococcal and Pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric syndrome ~ arguably autoimmune encephalitis of the basal ganglia, is a disorder that influences the behavior of your child. Most commonly PANS is thought to be associated with new-onset tics and OCD, yet I have seen it manifest as anger, anxiety, mood swings, insomnia, urinary changes and MANY other symptoms. I have seen children that have changed after strep infections, mold exposure, tick bites, and other infections. PANDAS is a clear diagnosis whereas PANS is much more broad.
What we are dealing with is an autoimmune attack on your child’s brain. When symptoms are severe conventional medicine can help with pharmaceuticals, but when your child has moderate or mild symptoms there is little conventional medicine can do. This is where I come in. My tools balance your child’s health, halt the inflammatory cascade, and many can be applied to your family. I also have the tools to help your family stay flare free and healthy. Our work together emphasizes identifying the root cause and modulating the immune system so it can react appropriately to future infections. This helps us to prevent similar symptoms in the entire family too.
Download the PANDAS Symptom Checklist & Tracker. Enter your info to gain access.
- PANDAS Network
- ASPIRE: The Alliance to Solve PANS and Immune Related Encephalopathies
- PANDAS Physicians Network
- NWPPN: Northwest PANDAS/PANS Network
- NEPANS: New England Pans/Pandas Association
- Stanford Area PANS Parent Support Facebook Group – this group also has monthly calls with guest speakers often from the Stanford PANS Clinic
- Autoimmune Encephalitis Alliance
- The Foundation for Children with Neuroimmune Disorders
- Moleculera Labs: Cunningham panel
- Pans, Cans, and Automobiles: A Comprehensive Reference Guide for Helping Students with Pandas and Pans
- Jamie Candelaria-Greene
- PANDAS and PANS in School Settings by Patricia Rice Doran
- What Happened to My Child?: A Mother’s Courageous Journey to Save Her Son – Heather Rain Mazen Korbmacher
- Brain Under Attack: A Resource for Parents and Caregivers of Children with PANS, PANDAS and Autoimmune Encephalitis by Beth Lambert, Maria Rickert Hong, Roseann Capanna-Hodge, Jennifer Glustra-Kozek, Lauren Stone
- Childhood Interrupted: The Complete Guide to PANDAS and PANS by Beth Alison Maloney